1. In a 5-6 qt. dutch oven, cook the ground chuck, onion, peppers, mushrooms, and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring often to break up lumps of meat, until beef loses its pink color (about 8 min.)
2. Add tomatoes with their juice, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, bay leaf and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring often, until slightly thickened about 20 min.
3. Meanwhile, in a large pot of lightly salted water, cook spaghetti until just tender, about 9 minutes. Drain well.
4. Preheat oven to 350F. Add spaghetti, and 1 cup of cheese to the sauce; stir gently to mix. Transfer to a lightly oiled very large baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and remaining cheese on top.
5. Bake until top is lightly browned and casserole is bubbling; about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
NOTE: If you like black olives, you can add 1 small can of sliced olives in step 4 to the sauce.
Your Easy Spaghetti Casserole is ready. Happy cooking!
Related recipes: Mom's best
Season specials: Easter Recipes, Passover Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Season Recipes, Xmas Recipes